Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Easter!




I hope you all  have a wonderful Easter!

I've had a wonderful time putting together the Easter baskets for the children.  A new friend of mine told me they do 1 Easter basket - and it's for the whole family.  
I thought that was a great idea, but for right now they are each getting their own individual baskets. :) 

Maundy Thursday service was REALLY nice.  I think it was a very nice way to bring our new church together.    We don't have a facility yet so we were able to rent the Train Depot in our new Old Town Square.  We had people volunteer to lead the music,  dad and 
I brought some ferns  and we celebrated with the Lords Supper. 

Today (Friday) Dad and I went down to the church in Dallas where I used to work and since we showed up early it was so nice to visit with old friends and see the new things they are doing at the church.  There was a bit of excitement - a young woman passed out towards the end of the service.  I think she had a blood sugar problem and it dropped so low she passed out. ! 
It was quietly handled - people prayed , the last hymn was sang and all were dismissed  in a thoughtful quietness that reflects the mood - of Good Friday. 

My knee is still hurting - actually aching so bad to the point of total distraction at almost every moment lately.   So when the insurance kicks in on May 1 I'll be seeing the doctor immediately. Until  then I'm going to try to just take it easy.   
I can't believe he's leaving ..... again.  I'm always torn when he leaves - I miss my dad but I like the break of  responsibility.  He hasn't done very well - checking blood sugar or meds


The children had so much fun coloring eggs - and looking for them against the threat of thunderstorms!  :)  We were  pushing it -  with the rain and as we ran into  the house - the rain had begun and the lightening moved  in!  

(Sunday) Easter was super- I love Easter  and all the songs - it's so sad we have to wait till next year for all those cool hymns and beautiful music. (Wonder why we don't have more drums and trumpets? ) Had a wonderful dinner with PawPaw and Honey & Granddad. Patrick and Rachel had a wonderful time.  Patrick yesterday went up to PawPaw and told him, "I"m going to miss you PawPaw"  He's such a sweet boy. :) 

Oh - and here's Rachel's letter to the Easter Bunny!  :)  

I am at a place where all of a sudden where I'm not quite sure what we started by leading them  down this path about the Easter Bunny- Santa Clause.. she put so many x's and o's  and declared her love that all of a sudden I had pang of guilt as a  momma.  

Have a wonderful week!

No comments: