Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School!




Oh the children are so excited about meeting their teachers and I'm so excited - I hear good things about their teachers. :) It is always nice when other moms come up and tell you about your current teacher!

The children picked out their own clothes for the first day of school - and well - it was something else - I think Patrick grew 2 inches over night!

It's hard to believe that they are in 3rd and 4th grade! Where is time going so fast - last December hubby reminded me that our son was at his half way birthday... I looked at him confused and he said, "He's 9" (!!) WHAT!? I was floored and still am , and I'm also reminded by my cousin's blog that her son is beginning his new journey this week with starting college! My dad used to tease me when Patrick was 1 that "oh my he'd be heading to college soon, getting married next - does he really think that's funny?

But sometimes it seems like it passes in the blink of an eye and like Mary Kathryn - our children are just not the person they are today but they are the infants we held, the toddler we watched learn to walk, learn to ride their bikes and now wanting to walk to school by themselves... but that child we send off to college and into the world. So take that extra moment to hug them, listen to them, play with them when they ask b/c you may laugh but they will be heading off to college soon! (as my dad and in-laws tease me) That's ok - I'll laugh too as we enjoy our children growing up. Have a great week!

1 comment:

M.K. said...

Wow - they are growing up! Patrick looks so much older than last summer! I hope they have a fabulous school year. Their teachers look young, perky and energetic - good for them :)