Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Jesus What a Friend for Sinners

At our new church plant service Sunday night they had several hymns printed in the bulletin and this hymn has always been a favorite and I thought I'd share it with you. It was such a wonderful surprise to see it in the bulletin. It's always comforting to be reminded of it's simple but unfailing truths.

Jesus! What a friend for sinners!
Jesus! Lover of my soul;
Friends may fail me, foes assail me,
He, my Savior, makes me whole.

(chorus) Hallelujah! What a Savior!
Hallelujah! What a friend
Saving, helping, keeping, loving
He is with me to the end.

Jesus What a strength in weakness
Let me hide myself in Him
Tempted, tried, and sometimes failing
He, my strength, my victory wins.

(chorus)

Jesus What a help in sorrow
While the billows o'er me roll
Even when my heart is breaking
He my comfort, helps my soul

(chorus)

Jesus I do now receive Him
More than all in Him I find
He hath granted me forgiveness
I am His and He is mine

Hallelujah What a Savior
Hallelujah What a friend
Saving, helping, keeping, loving
He is with me to the end.

I hope you know and or reminded that He is with us when everything else seems to be falling away, your heart is breaking and the issues of your daily life is roll over you like waves knocking you down, taking your breath away. He is there, our Friend, loves us, never fails us.



1 comment:

M.K. said...

Beautiful hymn, Tam. And the comfort of God in these hard times QUALIFIES you to be an "official spiritual comforter" to others, later on. This is your boot camp, your training. It will make you a new person. (II Cor. 1)