Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year... and more blogging...

A new year - and I want to get back into baking and cooking like I used to do - so.... what a way to start - Dream Scones. They were very easy to make - but some new techniques for me - they had me 'grate' the butter into the dish - which was a lot easier than chopping and trying to not 'melt' the butter while cutting it up. :)
Rachel surprised me with a chocolate cookbook - now- the cookbook is not made of chocolate but every recipe in it has cocoa in it in some way shape or form so this was our first recipe to make! OH - my - the house smells wonderful right now! :)
See all that yummy butter in there? It was a bit dry and not balling up so I added a teaspoon more of buttermilk and it was perfect. Then divide the batter into four parts and then roll out and divide each quarter into quarters hence the .....


many many scones.... wish I could share them but the kiddos actually took most of them to school to share with their teachers. :)

Look how wonderful they popped up to - and so rich but not as sweet as you'd think - just yummy!

This was the moon yesterday morning - so beautiful and something I always take a moment and pay attention too - don't know why - but I'm always fascinated with the sky and it's beauty :) But I wanted to share it with you!

Have a wonderful day and a great New Year!




1 comment:

Sharon Axline said...

Tammy those look great! Recipe please!!!!