Monday, June 21, 2010

quick update.... Maine

My children LOVE the ocean.. does not matter the water is freezing...



I cannot tell you how beautiful Maine is to me. I love the rocky coastline. I love the breezes that blow in from the ocean.
I also am enjoying our house we've rented. Along with it being a century old post office being refurbished to hold our family upstairs - it is an actual post office downstairs. We will meet 'our' postman later today when we mail our postcards we've been writing to our friends. :)

This morning I made a yummy breakfast - I hate going out and spending money when for a few dollars you can put together a yummy breakfast each morning all week! Although we've gone through our farm stand strawberries we found along the road in just one day... we'll need to find a new farm stand today! So a bit of coffee, fresh farm eggs, bacon, strawberries, toast and juice! Today I'm going to town and find the local cheese store I read about online too! Yes - this lovely post office has wireless internet - (perfect vacation for me) I'm able to keep everyone updated and I love being connected.

I'm hoping we can find a 'sandy' beach today. :) The kiddos need it. They are getting a bit grumpy about all the walking I have them doing right now! But it's vacation - right? AND we are in a beautiful state - so let's go and see it!

(this is our back yard)

No comments: