Thursday, January 1, 2009

I know it's time....

I know it's time to put away all the Christmas lights and doo-dads but I always procrastinate putting away Christmas.  I love the shiny lights and colorful baubles, doo dads and soft glowing  lights of the villages.

But to be honest - I think last year I had everything put away sometime AFTER Valentines Day and that is way too long.  May as well leave it up till next Christmas!  :)  ha

So  - this year I'll make a huge effort to put away all the Christmas doo-dads and collections this week.  Before the children go to school on Monday. 


My collections are growing - I started collecting Santa's about 11 years ago - the year before getting married and added some very cool ones this  year.  I typically go for just one a year but every now and then a friend or sweet Mother in Law  adds to my collection!  One of my friends brought me one back from Russia - it's beautiful.  This one is from my MIL - the title of it is SMORES... Santa's camping and is making some yummy smores..  :)  Isn't it cute?  

I also get the children a new ornament each year - so when they do  go off on their own one day - they will have a nice collection of their own special ornaments.  My mother in law does the same with them too - so that's at least 2 a year for each of them! :) 


Patrick has taken to collecting nutcrackers - so Grammy gets him a new one each year!  One year for Christmas she showed up with a 4' Nutcracker!  He loved it.  

Rachel I believe wants to collect angels to have out at Christmas.
 












The collection I've had the longest is the Dickens's Village - Dad started that one for me in the mid  80's and I'm up to 7 buildings and about 10 people, trees and a street bench.  It's from Department 56 and most of the pieces  are retired - but they have new pieces every  year so it's fun to add to the collection. ....   But - next year I might have to come up with a new place or way to display them - or maybe spread them throughout a room, instead of all together. 
 
I went shopping yesterday and purchased a new pair of shoes!  Very comfortable and felt good on my ankle.  AND you cannot beat 70% off at DSW Shoes!  

Let's see what else is going on - ?   Children are having a play date right now,  Peter is out at a meeting with a contract.  Paw Paw is wondering around the house - it's just too chilly to walk outside today.   

I hope you have a Happy and Blessed New Year! 

No comments: