Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ok... I've begun something new...


I have started collecting silver dollars... specifically Pre-1921 Morgan Silver Dollars.

Now - I'm not going crazy - I don't have the means to go bonkers -but a silver dollar a month for Patrick & Rachel one day down the road when I'm old and gray will be fun...

The price of metals varies - and of course gold is out of the question right now - it's over $1000/oz right now..  :)    Today a single pre-1921 Morgan Silver Dollar ranges in price from $18-24 each.  Today I purchased two for $18/ea.  :)  They changed the 'recipe' in 1921 so there was less silver ( I think)  I've got to do a little bit of investigating on this. 
Here's a picture of one - aren't they cool looking?  It's very heavy.  :) 

We started collecting the US States quarters when they came out for Patrick.  And when they started minting the Presidential Coins I started picking those up for the children too!  
Now that I've just told the world about it - I guess I might have to get a safe deposit box soon!  :)   

No comments: