Monday, June 30, 2008

We're Home......


The wedding was simple but very sweet.  The minister did a beautiful job (I love christian weddings) and  the location was beautiful.   AND of course the flower girl and ring bearer were extraordinaire!  :)  I  think Grammy had a tough time - it's the last of her five girls to marry. 
The children and I drove home yesterday and I hope it's the last 12 hour drive I make for a while. AND I need to apologize to someone along the way - between Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky and North Carolina and back again I picked up someone's tube of toothpaste!  When I arrived home I found I had TWO and I started out with one!  :) 

Before I left town (the 2nd time) I started freezing all that was left of the blue berries... aren't they delicious looking.  I freeze them on a cookie sheet first and then when frozen put them in the freezer bags and then I can easily pour out as much as I need instead of them all  being frozen and stuck together.  The children love putting them in pancakes, cereal and I have a super recipe for blueberry coffee cake by Elizabeth Alston in her book Best Baking.   I'll give you recipe as soon as I make it - calls for 3 cups of blue berries in an 8x8 pan! It is so good!


We have a ton of projects to work on too - so check back.  Rachel wants to start a garden here at home like her garden at Grammy's so we will have before, during and after shots very soon. 

I can't believe June is gone.... summer is zipping past us....

 


No comments: