Wednesday, July 2, 2008

It's so hard to do housework..........


I wanted you to see why it's hard for me to get any house work done....   :) 

Their names are Lucy  & Goldie (our rescue puppies) I say puppies but Lucy is three years old and Goldie is now 8 months old and 50+ pounds! She is a Golden/collie mix and Lucy is our Golden/Aussie mix and our lap dog.   Super dogs. 

They follow me around and are consistantly bumping into me or Goldie has actually knocked me down before as I was bending over in the pantry.  When I sit down to fold clothes - the next thing I know I've got Lucy on my right and Goldie trying to 'help' me fold clothes by taking them or trying to roll in the basket or some silly thing. Oh - and the slobbery toys that are dropped in my lap are non stop - yuck.  :) 

In the picture - I had just unloaded the dishwasher and was  trying to put more in when .... they decided to take a rest  right in front of the sink and between me and the dishwasher....  

We have a routine most every night; after hubby and I watch a bit of TV (after kiddos are put to bed) I come downstairs to take care of furry children.  The furry girls get one last time outside for 'business' and chase June bugs then I sit down and work with pictures, email or blog and that is  when Goldie sits very close to me most of the time with her head on my lap - she is such a sweet dog.  I am  in total dismay of  how many animals out there need to be rescued and that I cannot do more.  I wish we could adopt more but two is our limit.  

signing off,   
Pack Leader..... 

2 comments:

M.K. said...

"Come in, Pack Leader, Come in, Pack Leader!!"

That thing with the dish washer is a hoot!! They are so smart - and you can TELL they are doing it on purpose. I think it's just because they KNOW you are the QUEEN!! And you shouldn't have to do work :)

Anonymous said...

I think you are so talented. I can't wait to scampbook my own pictures with you so I can make a memory book of the weekend. The blog is awesome!