Friday, July 25, 2008

Quiet summer days...(last Friday)

Nothing new to report - all is pretty quiet and really nice.   The children are doing super.  We finished our official piano lessons on Wednesday for the year.  But, since  we missed so many of them in June they give us make up days - and while I don't really care to  drive  to the music school on Saturday afternoon - it will keep them 'going' until new years lessons start the last week of August.  Patrick begins guitar lessons and Rachel has piano and is beginning Theory -at  her teacher's  suggestion and we're going to give it a try. All I remember about piano lessons when I was in sixth or seventh grade was misery - my piano teacher was an amazing lady but to a girl who didn't really care to practice I'm sure I was her nightmare.   As a matter of fact she asked me to not return..... to my relief.   Rachel on the other hand has been playing the piano every day for the last 3 years - now most of  it is made up songs or  her lesson songs from memory but she loves to play.  And when I sit down with her she does a very nice job.  This is one of those moments where she might be living out a dream of mine.  I could sit and listen to piano music all day - and would love to be able to play but never put that time or energy into it  that Rachel does  every day with no effort at all. 

The days are blending together but today is Friday and that means a new episode of  Dr. Who   :)  Rachel had a friend over for a play date today ! They had fun - painting aprons and cooking.  We made ham & cheese  sandwiches - where you roll them up in that yummy flaky dough (from
 a can) and then some fruit kabobs and don't forget the Princess Petal Punch ( blue Gatorade, fruit flavored soda water and some fresh mint) mmm. It was pretty good!  They loved the baking and assembling.  :)   I forgot dessert - we took marshmallows  - dipped them in white chocolate and sprinkles! mmmm needless to say - we only had two each of those! Whew - very rich!   It was all very 'girly'.   

1 comment:

M.K. said...

marshmallows, white chocolate & sprinkles - sounds like a winning combination!! Yumm!!!