Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Toothfairy, Toothfairy, who has the tooth?


We recently had a date night and while we were out the girl child lost a tooth; one of the last of her baby teeth.  
Before  going to bed,  I could not find her tooth anywhere... then for some reason I went downstairs and totally forgot about it that night. Hubby and I had been 'talking' and I went downstairs  and just forgot about the  the tooth fairy.  
I went right to sleep with out a second thought... (shame on the momma)     

At 6:00 A.M the following morning my daughter came running in with a sad exclamation that the Tooth Fairy had forgotten her! Oh bad Momma - I got up immediately instructing 'the Daddy' to keep her talking while I raced to my 'stash' of cool money and raced upstairs under some other pretense.  She followed me pretty much after 10 seconds of conversation with  her daddy.   Once again I swiped under her pillow and no tooth, vowing to find it later -I promptly hid the TWO Susan B. Anthony Dollar coins under  her pillow and slipped to Patrick's room via the bathroom between their rooms...  breathe - oh yes - I had forgotten to do that because she was so close on my heels.  As I  took a deep breath from running from my closet upstairs to her room - I heard her squeal of glee at the two unique coins.  :)    Whew....  now to find that tooth....    :) 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful!

M.K. said...

Oh my, the tooth fairy is much kinder to your kiddoes than she is to mine:) No tooth, no money :( Once we left a tooth in a napkin in a restaurant. No money. But I did tell them a long tale about the temperament of Mrs. Tooth Fairy, and how entrepreneurial she is. She's merciless. She's all in it for the teeth.

Tammy said...

You are probably right, but I've had the special coins waiting and it is her next to last tooth till molars.
I love your version! ha! :)