Thursday, July 31, 2008

Update & Projects

I can't believe another week is almost finished.  Four weeks from tonight we will be meeting our new teachers!  I'm so sad about school starting up again - it's been such a short summer!

I wanted to update everyone on the projects;   School Pictures - are up!  I've not taken pictures of them yet but will show that off soon.

Rachel's Garden...  while suffering the heat of Texas summers and Bad Bunnies, the garden seems to be holding it's own!  The periwinkles, saliva's zinnias are doing super - the  poor cone flower that didn't look like it was going to make it -  then rebounded has succumbed to the whims of the bad bunnies......  (Rachel 12 -Bunnies 7) 

Cookbook project... well I've attached pictures of the cookbook/paper mess I've held onto for years - some recipes I've had for 20+ years on a small pieces of paper - most of the time knowing where they are - and sometimes losing them for short periods of time.  I've typed 25 recipes into the computer now - and they are saved.  One step closer to an official Tammy's recipe book, and eliminating the stacks of papers and books.  Over the years I've held onto magazines and books for one or two recipes so I'm  letting all the extra stuff go!  YEA!  So far I've let go of three recipe books and this huge stack of magazines and papers!  Maybe I'll make room for a new cookbook or two!   :) 

Rachel's class made whole wheat pasta today - and vegan brownies... everything was really good!  She wants to start cooking right away so maybe this weekend we will start.  :) 
We are going to a local peach orchard - I've checked and they will have more peaches ready by next weekend and I think I'm going to try my hand at some canning and of course the children love making jams and giving as gifts.  :)  I'll keep you posted!  :) 

1 comment:

M.K. said...

Wow! Your cookbook project sounds GREAT! Please keep us posted on the blog about how it progresses - any possibility of getting a copy when it's done?? What a great way to clean out old stuff! I'm proud of you! I didn't know you were doing this!