Friday, July 11, 2008

Whew.... busy couple of days



















Thursday - Rachel and I didn't walk or ride bikes, we worked in her garden and goodness - I was totally soaked after a hard 30 minutes but.... we finished her garden!  it's lovely and she's enjoying watering it a couple of times a day.  I've tried to explain that planting in July means some of the flowers may not make it but she came in today so excited that another flower had opened up!  She loves her Garden Fairies that Grammy gave her..  :)  They are so sweet.  We did have one hopeless cause that seems to be holding it's own.  It's a pretty purple cone flower.  The man at the local hardware/garden center  had it in their trash cart, I asked, awkwardly if we could have it since it was in the trash and he said it wasn't their policy but he would be working,,, 'over there for a few minutes'..... wink wink....  it took me about 10 seconds to realize what he was saying.  (way out of my comfort zone ~   I walked  over to their trash cart and picked up the tall cone flower and put it in our buggy and started to leave.  So far so good... then Rachel says nice and loud, "Mom we have to pay for the flowers or it's stealing!"....   hmmm....  
Patrick had a super time at golf camp - oh and on Thursday Rachel and I had a nice breakfast at one of our favorite places; La Madeline's it's  like a French Bistro of sorts.    Yummy breads, pastries, their fruits are wonderful, soups,  salads great, Cinnamon French Toast is to die for  but this special morning had  muffins and hot tea - it was fun - the big surprise for Rachel was  Daddy finished his meeting early and was able to show up too. 

Today (Friday) we went to a local water park with some friends..... whew!  I was completely wore out at the end of the day.  My friend had a meeting to go to so I took all four children to the park and my friend met us about 2 hours later!  Oh my.  I was so glad to see her when she showed up!  Keeping track of four children at such a place made me a nervous wreck.  I got the one picture of the four of them and they pretty much wanted to all  run different directions! We were there five hours!

Oh -and I finished the book!! (not at the water park - I'm not at that place yet)   :) 

2 comments:

M.K. said...

You should be lying in bed after all that activity! The flower garden is just lovely, and I LOVE the fairies. So sweet. My mouth watered when I saw those pastries. Yummmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Tammy, I just wanted to say that I'm enjoying your blog so much. I check it every couple of days, whether I leave a comment or not. It gives me a real sense of connectedness with you and the kids. I love reading about the things you all are doing and the pictures are great. Blog on!