Sunday, November 2, 2008

Cub Scout Camping Trip

Ok - I need a cot or an air mattress.... I'm getting too old for sleeping on the ground...  
Patrick had a super duper - exciting - exhausting time!   

We arrived and set up our camp and he went fishing, fishing and more fishing - he kept telling me to shhhh.... I was going scare the fish away.....   :) 

Every spare moment he had he was fishing or whittling.. ..  :) 
Flag ceremony and scout pledge.....
Sun Set......   it was beautiful..... then they roasted marshmallows ... made some smores......

Sunrise at our camp.... Patrick and I  were up at 6:30am (our usual time) 
Part of their Cub Scout Community Project - we did Beach Clean Up for the Peninsula where we camped.

Then a game of Mush Ball (It's like soft ball but with a big mushy ball) Patrick did SUPER!

Whittling ( a new favorite past time) 

We actually did a lot more than this - they cooked, learned how to light a fire, they learned how to do a can opener that's on the knife, they did part of their "Leave No Trace Behind" achievement.  They did a Night Hike (I didn't go because of my ankles... I forgot my brace and didn't want to take any chance) Patrick went without me.  He loved the night hike.   There was a relay and our Den won so they didn't have to do dishes.  This morning I had the boys make the pancakes for their dads and bacon and helped them serve it then they made their own.  They have to do so much cooking this year and I think we are going to have it all done by the end of the year!  There was a service this morning but it wasn't really a religious - it was more a scout service with an American Indian Prayer, a talk about serving God, Community and our Country - character achievements.  Then a full round of Kumba Ya........   
Whoa- haven't heard that in a while.  :) 
Then, little fishing,  mush ball, fishing, flag raising/lowering and day was about done - I'm exhausted...  :) (and my back hurts, not only do I need a cot -but a cooler on wheels... :)   LOL

1 comment:

M.K. said...

Wow, that sounds like mega boy fun :) But I can't BELIEVE that you slept on the ground - you are a better woman than I am!! Ouch!