Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Quiet Week...

We should be gearing up for school but instead we are waiting on a new nephew to make his presence known to the world...   
In the meantime I've been making Tammy's Goulash ,

  Beef Tips and MeeMaw's Spaghetti and Meatballs and freezing it all  to take and fill their freezer!  I made an extra batch of the beef tips with rice and green beans for dinner one night. It was very good and everyone loved it.  :) 

Today I baked 2 loaves of Grandma Robinson's Banana Bread and some  yummy Emergency Chocolate Cake.  One thing you should never do is try to remove the cake/bread from the dish before it's had a chance to cool - hence the broken yummy chocolate bread.  :)    Let's just say it was  really yummy and fast to make and cook - but you need to let it cool completely before removing it from the dish.  
Monday we had these cool storms   pass through the area - some  parts of North Texas received over a half an inch of rain  - and while these clouds passed by us - and were so low they looked   like the touched the tops of  trees - they didn't  give us any rain at all.  But it was shady all day and the kiddos loved it. 
This coming weekend is our 'tax free' weekend for Texas - I don't know if it's like this everywhere -but it is crazy shopping - there are a million people  out and they all are very aggressive about what they want.  I don't like it but it really does save a lot of  money.    So I'll keep you posted  and can't wait to find that  perfect ' first day of school outfit'.   :) 

I'll keep you posted - so check back!   

3 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

hi..i just found you through another blog!

i haven't had goulash in ages...surprised to see it on a fellow texan's blog...are you from up north?

Tammy said...

I'm from Chas. West Virginia - we used to eat it all the time - but since my Hubby doesn't like his food mixed together I hadn't fixed it in ages! My sister loved it!
Welcome to the blog!

Natasha and Jesse said...

I know this post is from 2008, but would you mind posting the recipe for the emergency chocolate cake? It looks delicious! I like your blog.

Natasha from Today's Gift: http://days-of-natasha.blogspot.com/