Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wednesday

Only big news going on is Goldie is OK, we had a scare Monday where she might have been bit by a snake.  I took her out at 6:30 AM and it's so dark all I saw is her dash after something in the yard.  I couldn't see  it but she kept jumping at it and then immediately backed away and ran back to the house snorting and shaking her head and later covering her nose again and again.  - she had 3 of their big symptoms but maybe it was a scorpion or something - The vet gave her a couple of shots and we just watched her.  We looked and looked for a bite mark but couldn't find anything.  She was panting very hard, very foamy at the mouth and super lethargic - like coming in the house - laying down in her kennel and eyes rolling back in her head! I could hear her panting from across the house! Scared me. She was really quiet for a  day and a half but today is back to being her happy bouncy puppy self again...  I am so glad she's OK. 
This picture was taken during some of her resting time - under my feet at the kitchen island, see my computer wire?  I love how she tucks her front paws in ~ isn't that cute? - 

Music lessons went great tonight - Patrick is enjoying guitar.   I only wish he would pick it up and practice it on his own - and longer than  time requested. But he's only 8 years old and enjoys it so I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth right?!   :) 

Have a super rest of the week!  


No comments: