Wednesday, October 1, 2008

She's Here.....and she's shiny

Alright - I'm so grossed out by what was under my washing machine.......  - after the washing machine man removed  the old machine - I thought I would maybe have to sweep - but no... I had to get down on my hands and knees and actually scrape and scrub the yucky stuff up.  I even made the washing machine guys wait and I worked up a sweat! 

AND I have to tell you - the guys were supposed to be here around 12-5pm today and they showed up at 10 AM!   WOW!  I've never had that happen before!  They were quick, careful and professional and didn't bump anything.  So kudos to Home Depot and their guys. 
The new  washer - I've not  come up with a name for her   yet  - is so pretty and shiny and has been operating straight since 10:10 AM.....  (We've not done laundry for 1 week so it's been piling up!)  

Children are working on homework before leaving for music classes - it's a process - Rachel's Theory class is from  5-6pm and then  piano lesson from 6-6:30pm and Patrick's guitar lesson is from 5:30pm-6pm.  So he does some homework there.  It's unbelievable the amount of homework a Third grader has these days - I don't think I brought any home when I was in third  grade. 

2 comments:

M.K. said...

She's BOOtiful!! Wow - a front loader. I bought cheap, cheap machines about 6 years ago, when we had very little money, but still had dirty clothes (...); they're still running, but they sure are ugly!!

Don't even get me STARTED on how much homework an elementary kid has! AND how much of it a parent is REQUIRED to do with them! Like I have time for that!

Tammy said...

I know what you mean - our guide was sorta've the repair cost - we wanted to stay under that and then what would be a good move that would last the longest and be good on water bills and the most gentle on the clothes and had good maintenance records... so hopefully it's a good decision.