Monday, September 29, 2008

New Washing machine .... on it's way!

Last Thursday while doing laundry our washing machine started making a very big 'whirl' sound - I mean really loud.  It brought Hubby out of his office which is on  the other side of the house.    We opened the lid and the agitator wasn't moving during the wash - even though the machine was making the sound like it was..... so I called the Maytag man.... 

He came out and sixty five dollars later tells us that the transmission is out on the washing machine.  This washing machine is only 8 years old...  but to repair it (parts & labor) $800+ dollars!  Eek.   Well, that's  not an option.... so Hubby started doing his homework.  Consumer Reports is a plethora of information and visiting  six different places; Sears, Best Buy, Frye's Electronics, Lowes & Home Depot...  (OK five places)  we found the one.   It will be here Wednesday between 12 & 5pm (don't you  hate that time slot?)  In the meantime laundry is piling up as I type.... I can almost hear it piling up on top of itself in the laundry room... I just didn't want to put my laundry room 'on line'...  :)   And I don't want to walk in there and catch the socks dancing or the towels hiding their washcloths...   I'm always losing those two!

My blood  pressure medicine seems to be working - it took a while but it's back down in the normal range.  My headaches seem to be gone and we are enjoying the cooler weather ( in the 80's the last two days!)  

Big Thanks and Kudos to the grandmother for helping with a load of school clothes for the children this week!  You are an angel!  

Children are doing super with their music; Rachel is playing the theme from  Star Wars; working on it for a recital in November.  Patrick is doing amazing at guitar - and playing a piece named Summer of 59 - you would recognize it if you heard it - it's one of my favorites and he enjoys practicing it with his the CD so you hear all the parts of the music piece.   I was going to see about recording it for the blog - check back!    I'll try to do it tomorrow! 


2 comments:

Braeg Heneffe said...

I know what you mean with the delivery slots, when we was waiting for our new washing machine we had an 8am till 6pm delivery slot!! what a waste of a day

Tammy said...

When the repair man came by ---his time slot was 8-12pm..... he showed up at 12:30! wasted a half a day! Which is critical with school pick up ! lol