Monday, September 1, 2008

Good Day

Well - we missed Aunt Jenny and her daughter Sarah.  Plans changed and she was unable to make it.  
Our family was able to go over to Honey & Granddad's and the children swam in their pool until dinner -the burgers, hot dogs & sausage were wonderful and it's always nice to spend time with the grandparents.  :)  Thanks Honey!

I did finish all the laundry for the week and earlier today Rachel and I rode up to the school to practice locking the bike and then riding home...  nice and easy right?  No - I decided it would be good way to exercise my 10 month old Goldie and leashed her up and rode Peter's bike while Goldie ran beside me.  Needless to say it was a bit of a workout b/c it was our first time so she wasn't sure about cars or the bike for that matter. By the end of  the 2 miles (there and back) she was starting to drag and panting pretty good.  A regular walk may never be good enough again for this dog.  I think she enjoyed it.  

No stamping today.  The new Stampin Up catalog is beautiful and the choices seem endless .  I want to plan a new stamping class and a scrap booking class - but you have to have something to show everyone so...... I need to sit down and "do it" .  Yet another project... :)  

Since I've not put any of my cards on the blog yet - I have downloaded a couple for you.  One  I did for my mom last year.  Since her birthday is on St. Patrick's Day - this stamp set reminds me of Ireland. The one with the yellowish (More Mustard) paper was for another friend with a birthday in March too.   I love the detail you can make with the stamps.  It's amazing to take  simple paper, ink and rubber stamps and wa la... simple beauty.  I love this one with the tree with the leaves falling - the other stamps in this set - are ... you guessed - a winter tree setting , spring, and summer tree - very nice little stamp set and it's been around a long time. Some demonstrator I am, I cannot remember the name of the stamp set.  
Have a super week! 

No comments: