Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Gustav Winds.


Well - it's Tuesday -...... "all day" as my dad would say...   

There is a brand new grocery store in the area (big plus)  when we moved way out here there was one and it was 2 miles away - and we had to drive several miles to the nearest gas station.  Slowly over the last six years the area has grown up into a beautiful neighborhood filled withc crepe myrtles everywhere, several grocery stores,  a pizza joint, Starbucks, several nail salons (that my husband keeps trying to get me to visit), a doggy hotel (way too expensive) and most recent a Dunkin Donuts (just opened last week so lines are way too long).  

Back to the new Market. It's beautiful -I mean you walk through the front doors flanked by individual herbs you can purchase and inside  there's beautiful dark wood everywhere, the buggies are different - I don't know how to explain - they are taller - so when you put something in your buggy you don't have to bend way over to retrieve it.  I know -buggy - yes, I call it a buggy - it's a huge discussion between spouse and myself - I think he says cart or grocery cart.  I  have no idea where I picked up the term buggy but I'm not going to change something that small and silly.  It was very funny though the first time we (hubby & meself) heard one of the children run and offer to "get the buggy" he looked at me and I just smiled.... well, they spend more time with me in the grocery store than him...  :)  
Back to the new grocery, they have a beautiful Bread bakery and a little coffee/smoothie shop with baked goods - and connected to it - is a very nice seating area - couches,  chairs & tables - I'm sure my girl friends and I will be spending a nice morning there very soon.  Their flower shop was so inviting - and they have a deli area too - where you can purchase just about anything to eat there or package up for a meal at home.   Their cheese department  had all the yummy cheeses you could dream of.  Moving along - you can watch them preparing sushi - the colors of all the fruits and veggies were also very pleasant to stand  and admire - I mean - they had probably 6 different types of potatoes... IF I had been shopping for more than my couple of items I would  have been just lost in thought still at all the different prospects of ''' everything'''  except cereal and dog food.        Their cereal  aisle was lacking and I couldn't find the one the  children eat - and Lucy's dog food was $4 more a bag compared to Walmart.  ... oh well...  it was really a treat to walk through and of  course everyone is soooo  polite and they even carried my groceries out the car for me - I haven't had anyone offer to take my groceries out to the car in ages.  
I had coupons for several free things - and was concerned if I could use them all at once.. most people frown on more  than one coupon used at a time.... so I hesitantly walked up to the smoothie counter for my free smoothie... she smiled at me and asked what flavor and would I like to add any of their 'free' upgrades;   The Smart smoothie addition, the Sassy smoothie addition ( I laughed at that one... I mean really - what can they add to a smoothie that is going to make me .... Sassy?  There was a Strong Smoothie - and about three more and for the  life of me I should have chosen the "Good Memory Smoothie"  because I can't remember them.  lol...  I chose the Strong Smoothie - I think it had some Energy booster in  it - like Bee Pollen, blueberries or Wheat Germ... (?)   Who knows... maybe it will keep me from taking a nap today!  
I also received a loaf of artisan bread ( I chose a yummy Bay Area Sourdough bread) and a nice cloth grocery bag and $10 off my purchase today... so a very nice shopping experience.   

I did have to run to Walmart for the cereal and dog food and while there -the school called, my boy was running a fever of 99.637 ( really?) They were sending him home for a fever of 99.63 - where does that number come from?  But she was right, there must be something going around - b/c my sweet boy just curled up on the couch and slept for 2 hours...in the middle of the afternoon. 

I've attached a couple of pictures - the clouds (again...)  Gustov has made his way here - but we are just seeing some beautiful clouds and lots of wind.. .Check out Goldie's fur...  that is some wind!   

1 comment:

M.K. said...

don't doggies just love the wind? I loved your wet doggie pic the other day. Y'know, we call them buggies too. I think it's a MISS thing. Up in Mass, they called them carriages - can you imagine?