Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cat Scan, Who Scan? Me Scan....

I know - a lame title but I had my first CAT scan last night...  

Children are I were on our way home from piano and guitar lessons and I started feeling very weird.   Tingling at the back of my head,  all down my arms and hands..  silly mother that I am - I stop at Kroger pick up the new antibiotics for the children.  Race home fix grilled cheese sandwiches for everyone... 
Husband walks in room and I say, "You stay here with children, I'm going to run up to the new ER on the corner (about 2 miles away)"  I'm feeling really weird and am losing feeling and having all this tingling going on ... about that time I lost all feeling in my arms and across my chest.... so he said, "Instead of a doc in the box - let's head to hospital.  So we scooped up children mid-bite on hot grilled cheese and headed out the door.  Half  down the street I didn't think I could make it to the hospital... go to the new ER on the corner...... so we did....... by the time I walked in - I was stumbling a bit and lost all feeling in both arms and the back of my head was tingling so bad I was a bit more than scared and upset... then I couldn't catch my breath,,, I know.. lame as a mother is supposed to be a rock, the strong one... well,  I was mush at that moment and was having trouble composing myself.. 
Ended up my blood pressure was spiking and started out at 180/122 and three hours later it was 120/89 so they let me go home.  No idea why it spiked but they took blood, did a cat scan  to make sure I hadn't had a stroke(no stroke)  and  heart is very good -  immediate blood work came back very good , EKG was very good and  we wait on other results. I see my regular doctor today...  we have no idea what it is, thyroid, premenapause, over weight.. ? 

(ps:  Thanks Granddad for watching children for us....  )

In the meantime Rachel is loving her Music Theory class and has started working on a piece for a piano recital in November!  Patrick had his first real guitar lesson - last time we were here (they had strep throat last week) they didn't have music books (something to do with Hurricane Gustov)  So he is very excited to start working on guitar.  
Rachel is moving to the bars in gymnastics  and I'm excited and a bit nervous about it ~ but I think is super for her and as  long as she's enjoying it, I'll watch silently biting my lip watching her do flips that high off the floor!  :)  
Sorry these pictures are so blurry--- taken with my phone  :) 

1 comment:

M.K. said...

Goodness, that sounds rather serious, cuz. Keep us posted on whatever results you get. I hope they find out what was happening. Glad your hubby was home!