Thursday, September 4, 2008

Quiet days....

Remember Patrick coming home from school sick?..... well we visited the doctor and she did 'the test' although before she took it - she bet it was strep ... she was right... she normally is -this doctor has been Patrick's and Rachel's since they were two weeks old.

She also said, "Don't be surprised when Rachel comes up with the same symptoms and call me right away so we can get her on antibiotics".   This was Wednesday - we went home and Patrick went right to sleep again... he was really not feeling well.  

While he was napping, it was time to  pick up  Rachel from school ~  huge advantage of husband working from home ... sleeping children can just keep on sleeping.  As I pulled up in the carpool line to pick up Rachel  - her teacher walked out to the car to tell me that my daughter came up to her at 2:30pm to tell her that her throat was hurting and her she was  cold and needed her sweater...... yep - you guessed it,  fever and her throat was already red and nasty looking... sigh.  I placed the call to the doctor and had meds in hand by dinner time. 

Everyone goes back to school tomorrow - they are no longer contagious and feeling lots better - it's amazing how 24 hours on antibiotics makes a big difference.  
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yep! I asked one of the attendings I'm working with in the peds ER this month how long the kid had to take his meds before he went back to school and he said 24 hours. I HAD to wait 3 WHOLE days when I had strep...made me miss a field trip! Not quite fair. Oh, well. Glad your kids are feeling better! Glad for a good pediatrician.