Monday, December 8, 2008

Beautiful Morning Sky


This picture I took on Sunday morning - it was amazing - the pinks, oranges and blues  - I love the early morning sky  :) 
Lucy sits and watches while Goldie runs in circles around the yard...  :) 
This is just one of Rachel decorating the tree in the den. 

Well, the book club had a Christmas Party and ornament exchange and it was so much fun!
Our host isn't going to be hosting as much next year so I volunteered to lead for January and offered a book; Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.  NOT knowing what I was getting myself into over the holidays - it's a 900+ page book so we aren't going to get together again until the end of January!
When I made the suggestion of the book - I had heard some about it - but didn't really know the author or the book and several ladies jumped with excitement - one lady had just finished it and loved it - and another lady loves the author but hadn't ready this particular book!  So I was a bit excited about the whole thing!  I started reading it today and I can see why they like the author.  This book takes place in 12Th Century  Medieval England - love and hate, loyalty and treachery, hope and despair - a historical novel that has action, intrigue, violence, passion, greed, bravery, dedication, revenge and love....  :)   I'll keep you posted.  (all this from the back of the book!)  
Got to run - my son is having trouble doing his spelling words in cursive .... I don't remember when we learned how to write in cursive -but I do remember Ms. Lollar spending time trying so hard to teach us proper penmanship.... she had lovely hand writing -  AND my Grandpa Robinson had beautiful penmanship. 
Enough - he's having  trouble and needs the Momma...  :)  

No comments: