Friday, December 5, 2008

Solemn Note..

My Great Aunt Pauline went home to be with the Lord two days before Thanksgiving. 

My Aunt Karen just emailed me - we (Robinson side of family) just found out.  I think she had been living with or near her children in Georgia.  So we were out of touch. 

I may be wrong but I think this is the last sibling of my Grandma Robinson to pass and she was a lovely woman who loved the Lord and my dad said his earliest memories of her was her volunteer work at the women's prison.  He said it was a ministry that was close to her heart. 

My memories of her  - of course were as a young child  - our snacks at her house were Ritz crackers with cream cheese. And I remember feeling so grown up when she allowed me to "put" the cream cheese on the crackers for all the other younger Great grand nieces & nephews.  I remember Christmas get togethers at her house -and playing We Three Kings on the piano and everyone singing ... I think I was nine or ten years old at that time and I have a picture of that somewhere - I'll try to find that one - it's something else... :) 

I've tried to attach the email from Aunt Karen for other Dorothy Robinson family but am having trouble. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear of aunt Pauline's passing. I had not seen her in over 20 years (unless she was at the party the family had for Grandma a couple of years before she passed away? I don't think she was). I doubt if I saw her as much as you did as a child, but she always seemed very sweet. She had a long life but I am sure her family misses her very much. - Sherry