Saturday, March 7, 2009

Big Saturday

It was a big day!  It started very early... 

Peter suggested Rachel and I go to the try outs for the swim team around 6am.... they weren't going to open their doors till  8:30am... do you know - we were up there at 7:45am and  come to find out there were people there at 6am to stand in line to ''get on the list'' .  Goodness....  it's competitive here.  They are taking 500 swimmers this year for the team! Two years ago I went to sign the children up for swim lessons with the City Natatorium and I learned the hard way.... I showed up around noon to sign them up - not realizing that the doors opened at 8am and the classes were completely filled by 9:30am!    So the next year I showed up 2 hours ahead of time - and was number 12 in line!  I'm not sure how many they have in lessons - I think around 80 - but only 5-6 children in a class at a time.  As we left I smiled  sadly at the people who showed up as we were all walking out the door - knowing that the next 6 weeks classes were already full.   
Rachel was so cute, she only had to swim 25 yards - but in that 25 yards she was pretty strong and did about 4 different strokes (!) - the last 10 feet were some kind of dolphin moves - it was so funny. I think she was just trying to make it.. so there was some breast stroke, some dog paddle, some butterfly.. and then the dolphin thing she calls it... :)   Some girls in front of her were beautiful in their form but took a while to get to the other side of the pool  but Rachel zipped - it wasn't pretty but she was strong and fast - hopefully they will see that and recognize her for that!  :) 

Then Patrick had a birthday party at 10:30  

Rachel had her piano recital at 12:30; she performed her first sonatina.   She did very well - she was nervous and started her piece then remembered she was supposed to do her warm up so she stopped nodded to the judges, started her warm up, paused and then did her piece! It was her first recital and she was precious.  

Then Patrick had another birthday party at 3pm.   

I am so tired - AND we  lose an hour tonight.. ugh.   So - I'm off to bed to help make up that time. 

No comments: