Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Well... I've been thinking....

I like to plan ahead...   those of you who know me -   know this does not mean I'm organized.  I would like to be organized - I think I used to be as a single person.  But have not been that way in a long time.  

This summer is going to be fun for the children.  I love planning things for the summer.  We are heading to Grammy's right after school is out.  The kiddos love going to Grammy's. They bake, they pick blueberries, strawberries and make some yummy bread and butter pickles! Ok - I make the pickles but we all have fun.

We are going to (maybe) go to New Orleans for one weekend to visit Aunt Martha and Uncle Bob.   They've said  yes, we just need to pick the weekend. 

We are going to WV for more than a week near the end of July.  We have so many family to visit in WV  that I just don't think we can do it in a week.   I don't mind the drive up - do  not mind the driving  around while there but boy that trip home  is a long one - so if I can maybe rest a couple of days before leaving it won't be a tough trip home.  We are planning on some time at Aunt Karen's & Uncle Frank's cabin and that is one of the most peaceful places on earth.  I'll attach a couple of pictures from when we were there a number of years ago.  
Also - one weekend - long weekend - probably 3 days children and I (maybe Grammy) are going to Palo Duro Canyon, Texas.  It's so beautiful out there -  we might  be camping.  There is a huge stage production musical they put on every year.  I went out there with a girl friend one year and we had a cowboy breakfast - we rode horse/wagon out into the canyon before sunrise, and there were about a dozen seasoned  cowboys cooking for us  the most delicious breakfast of eggs, potatoes, biscuits, gravy and sausages  fruits and  tea for the ladies - oh my it was wonderful and then as they are pouring us cowboy coffee the sun starts rising through the canyon - it's breathtaking.  
www.palodurocanyon.com  I've tried to put this link in and it just won't work for me - but you can check it out! 

That's all I have for now...  but I love planning ahead for summer... 

MK - do you still want to try to do a beach house sometime?  

I've  just realized I've gotten way ahead of myself - we have Spring first - and I want the children to see King Tut while he's in town and of course I love see the Dallas  Arboretum for Dallas Blooms - it's a gorgeous sight for the eyes and soul as they have 10's of thousands of tulips blooming and azaleas showing off their color - 

And Spring Break... well that's for another day...  we have pretty much planned that one out with Aunt Jenny and her family.

Hope your week is going great - we are all good here; children saw the dentist today and check up was ok,  Rachel has a couple of spots that have got to be watched -she needs to be flossing more often than once a month...  really..?   A 7 year old?  I had no idea!   :)  Goodnight -I've got to go and floss now... 



No comments: