Friday, March 20, 2009

Home again, home again jiggity - jig... :)

Well - I've decided I do not necessarily like driving in Oklahoma... Missouri roads  are OK - there was a lot of construction in Springfield.  But Oklahoma was just plain icky  - bumpy, every time you get up to 70- it's time to go back down to 35 and a stop light... then back up to 70 and then back down again...  ick.   It makes the 6 1/2 hours seem like 8-10.  Rachel and I both were feeling a bit motion sick and I LOVE driving so you know it was bad.  :) 

We ARE home and glad to be here - I've attached some pictures of the children and things we did while traveling.  

Discovery Zone - they loved this!

Did you know that Route 66 began in Springfield, MO?  Neither did I!  :) 

Historical Civil War Park - they loved the cannons.  

Laura Ingalls Wilder homestead... like I said earlier - they loved the fields & walnut trees


Founders Park - I thought it would be a nice place to sit and have lunch one day, let the kids run around with grass & trees..... (wrong) it was blocks and blocks of concrete....   some city park (!?) 


No comments: